Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Denial Is A Lot Of Nothing About Everything

Leave it to me to add in my second post that all this sorting, packing, cleaning, organizing comes at a price. I have degenerative disc disease, and so I really can't do much, if any of this. Oh, I can sit for a while and pitch a few things in a box. Great. And let me tell you, it has taken me a long time to be able to say that out loud.
A little over a year ago,my Mother gave me as a Christmas present, a few hours of housecleaning from her housecleaner. By the time I helped the housecleaner, I was on bedrest for a month. My first headknocking realization that I was NOT in control.
One can think they can pull denial and make it work - just think yourself out of it, push past it, no pain-no gain, right up to the point you fall to the floor. I promise you, denial is a lot of nothing about everything. All those thoughts are nothing thoughts! Make no sense at all. Where did we come up with this type of thinking in this country? Where is the balance and respect for our physical and mental health? We treat our bodies like we do our bank accounts!
And so, the house must get done, and I am on this journey to the mountain in more than one way. To humble myself and allow others to come in and see my mess, help me sort through my life things, tote my expressions through the rooms while I sit in my chair or while in bed on a heating pad. UGH!
It's alot about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment